Re: join optimization problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: join optimization problem
Date
List pgsql-sql
How about this? It should spit out the same number, but be quite a bit
quicker at it.  Untested of course...

select  t.thread_id,               t.forum_id,               t.thread_title,               t.thread_owner,
t.thread_owner_id,               t.date_created,               t.thread_hits,               t.poem_reference,
   t.bArchived,               count, maxdate  from  fbof_thread t  LEFT OUTER JOIN         (select thread_id
 , count(msg_id) as count              , max(date_created) as maxdate           from msg       group by thread_id
)as tab ON m.thread_id = t.thread_id     where   t.forum_id = 1       and             t.bArchived = 0       and
   t.bSticky = 0  order by        t.date_created desc