concurrent writes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Jung
Subject concurrent writes
Date
Re: concurrent writes  (Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net>)
Re: concurrent writes  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
List pgsql-general
hi,

we are running Postgres 7.3.3 successfully on our portal sites
under Solaris. For a new project we have the requirement that
N processes need to write update/insert within the same time and within
the same transaction data in one table. More detailed: every process
opens its own connection, starts a transaction, updates *different* rows
and then commits. According to our postgres adminstrator, Postgres seems
to behave differently on Linux and Solaris. Any ideas on that?

Thanks,
Andreas