Re: Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
That's a hack indeed, but there's no finger crossing :-)
We do chunk our queries if needed, i.e. execute them multiple times if
the parameter set is too big. We mostly use this technique to filter a
set according to some criteria. Now if the set is too big, we do the
filtering chunk-wise, and then cumulate the result. I admit that it
won't work for all situations, but then if you have a big set, you might
be looking for a different solution like dumping them in to a temporary
table.

Cheers,
Csaba.