Re: authentication question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: authentication question
Date
List pgsql-general
Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 11:51 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> FWIW, we ship this PAM config file in the Red Hat PG RPMs:

> that doesn't work at all... /var/log/messages reports...

Sorry, I should have mentioned that that was for recent Fedora branches.
In RHEL4 I think this would work:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account         required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth

> pretty short strace but I can't see anything that jumps at me and says
> aha...

You seem to have only strace'd the postmaster itself --- the interesting
events would be in the child process it forked off.  Try "strace -f -p ..."

            regards, tom lane