Re: max length of sql select statement ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From markus brosch
Subject Re: max length of sql select statement ?
Date
Re: max length of sql select statement (long!)  (markus brosch <brosch@gmx.de>)
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 17:45, Rod Taylor wrote:
> > Nobody a better idea? Why is the join of a temporary table (the IN
> > paramters) and the original table so slow? Any tricks here?
>
> Did you index and ANALYZE the temporary table?

No!

I have to do this "strange" and "long" statement also a view thousand
times ... so I always have to create the temp table again and again and
if I index the table it costs me more time.

As far I am relativly new to SQL, I ask you:
Where's the difference between and indexed temp (!!!) table and an
unindexed one? The main table is of course fully indexed ;-)

Cheers, Markus