Add casts & related fixes - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kim Ho
Subject Add casts & related fixes
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Problem:
 - This improves the handling of numbers by adding the casts required by
the backend.  As a result, many JDBC compliance tests now pass.

Fix:
 - Use m_bindTypes to add a '::<cast>' when we send the query in
QueryExecutor.
 - Changes a lot of the casts, especially for numbers, to ensure that
all the proper types are being cast.

Additional patches that are related:
SetObjectNumbers:
 - Due to the addcasts patch, this one deals with the fact that
different numbers are dealt with differently now.

SetObjectBinary:
 - Calls the setByte[] instead of setObject (which used to default to
string I believe). If not, attempt to cast the string to byte[].

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Kim

Attachment