Re: [HACKERS] PlPython - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PlPython
Date
List pgsql-general
elein kirjutas T, 24.06.2003 kell 00:42:

There is a realtively clean hack one can use to convert plpython
functions to plpythonu manually - just rename the language for the time
of loading functions - do as superuser

update pg_language set lanname = 'plpython' where lanname = 'plpythonu';

LOAD YOUR Pl/Python FUNCTIONS ;

update pg_language set lanname = 'plpythonu' where lanname = 'plpython';

> PS: I've built and tested the plpython patch against
> 7.3.2 and am happy it does not affect the features I count
> on.

As it should.

The untrusted language gives you *more* power, not less.

The untrusted status means that the user has to be trusted to use that
much power.

Hannu