Re: capturing and storing query statement with rules - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Benoit
Subject Re: capturing and storing query statement with rules
Date
List pgsql-general
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/tablelog/download/download.php

or

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/audittrail/download/download.php?branch=devel

I haven't used either, but table_log seems to be one that I may start
using in the near future.

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 13:17, Andrew Gould wrote:
> I would like to create a audit log of update and
> delete queries against a table.  I want the log on the
> server side, since access will be done using various
> clients via ODBC.  I would like to capture the user,
> current datetime and the query statement.  My thought
> was to accomplish this by creating a rule that will
> insert the information into a log table.
>
> How can I captures the query statement so that I can
> place it in a insert query?  Is there a variable in
> the server that holds the query statement as a string?
>
> Am I about to go in over my head (again)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

Best Regards,

Mike Benoit
NetNation Communications Inc.
Systems Engineer
Tel: 604-684-6892 or 888-983-6600

 Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are my own and not
 necessarily those of my employer