Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dawn Hollingsworth
Subject Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory
Date
List pgsql-performance

Each stored procedure only updates one row and inserts one row.

I just connected the user interface to the database. It only does selects on startup. It's connection jumped to a memory usage of 256M.  It's not getting any larger but it's not getting any smaller either.

I'm going to compile postgres with the SHOW_MEMORY_STATS. I'm assuming I can just set ShowStats equal to 1. I'll also pare down the application to only use one of the stored procedures for less noise and maybe I can track where memory might be going. And in the meantime I'll get a test going with Postgres 7.3 to see if I get the same behavior.

Any other suggestions?

-Dawn