Re: Call for port reports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Call for port reports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> ./configure --prefix=SOMEWHERE --enable-thread-safety --with-tcl \
>> --with-perl --with-python --with-krb5 --with-pam -with-openssl
>> make
>> make install
>> make check

> buildfarm actually runs in this order:

> make
> make check
> make contrib
> make install
> ... more steps

> I assume that's ok.

There is a difference, which is that on some (most?) platforms the
latter sequence will involve "make check" invoking the libpq shared
library that was installed by the previous iteration of "make install".

I'm not sure that this matters a whole lot for the buildfarm, since at
worst it would result in failures for one test cycle when libpq.so
changes incompatibly.  But it's important to realize what you are testing.