encrypt/decrypt problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Iván
Subject encrypt/decrypt problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
hi

i need to encrypt some fields in a table of my postgre db, my table is
named clients and the fields are "id", "name" and "password", i was
looking and i find the pgcrypto utility, i read something about the
pgcrypto functions and i see the "crypto" function and use it, well the
fields change and i supose that was encrypted... but how i could obtain
the decrypt info??? (i don't know it), well next i read about the
"encrypt-decrypt" function, maybe it is what i need i try to use the
encrypt function from the EMS PostgreSQL Manager (SQL editor) in that form

UPDATE tabla2 SET pass = encrypt(pass, 'iv', 'bf');

next i try:

encrypt(pass,'fooz','bf')

but either work... i don't find much examples about it, pls does anyone
have an idea of how i can implement the encrypt on my table???

ivan

Free Webmail courtesy of http://www.444.net/