Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 14 Nov 2019, at 23:16, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 04:06:52PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> BTW, how is one supposed to "manually upgrade databases that use
>> contrib/isb"?  This part is not very clear.
>
> I thought you would dump out databases that use isn, drop those
> databases, use pg_upgrade for the remaining databases, then load the
> dumped database.  Attached is a patch that improves the wording.

I agree with this patch, that's much a more informative message.

There is one tiny typo in the patch: s/laster/later/

+                 "cluster, drop them, restart the upgrade, and restore them laster.  A\n"

cheers ./daniel