Re: Please some help on a join question with sum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Please some help on a join question with sum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 19:29, Feite Brekeveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I havbe the following SQL related question.
>
> Table AA:
>
> id, seqno, price
>
> A10    1    1000.0
>
> A10    2    2000.0
>

> Table BB:
>

> id    seqno        subseq    price
>
> A10       1        1        10
>
> A10       1        2        20
>
> A10       1        3        30
>
> A10        2        1        25
>

> I would like to have a query that joins table AA and BB to the result:
>
> id    seqno    price
> A10    1        1060
> A10    2        2025

SELECT aa.id,
       aa.seqno,
       aa.price + (
                   SELECT SUM(bb.price)
                     FROM bb
                    WHERE bb.id = aa.id AND bb.seqno = aa.seqno
                  ) AS price
  FROM aa;

     "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor
      angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things
      present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth,
      nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us
      from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our
      Lord."     Romans 8:38,39