Re: can you solve my problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: can you solve my problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 16:06, himansu biswal wrote:
> hi,
> i tried to execute psql template1.i got the problem
> below.plz help me out.
>
> [root@linux2 /]# su jat -
> [jat@linux2 /]$ whoami
> jat
> [jat@linux2 /]$ psql template1
> psql: FATAL 1:  user "jat" does not exist

PostgreSQL users are not the same as local system users (a PostgreSQL
server can be accessed from other machines, if you configure it so.)

You need to create database users with the SQL command CREATE USER or
the system command createuser.  Look up their documentation to see how.

You also need to look at access controls in $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf - see
the Administrator's manual.

     "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to
      forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
      unrighteousness."           I John 1:9