Re: How to change default date format? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: How to change default date format?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 06:38, Arunachalam Jaisankar wrote:
> Hi All,

It's not a good idea to reply to a message with a completely unrelated
subject; start a new thread.

> I've lot of date fields in my postgres tables. When ever I run a query on
> date fields, the date is retrieved in
> "yyyy-mm-dd" format. Every time, I've to use to_char function to convert
> those fields into string. Is there is any server setting to change the
> default date retrieval format into dd/mm/yyyy? Please let me know, if  there
> is any way. It will be really helpful for me.

SET DATESYTLE TO SQL,European;

     "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the
      kingdom of heaven...Blessed are they which do hunger
      and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be
      filled...Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall
      see God."                   Matthew 5:3,6,8