Re: v7.1 error ... SELECT converted to a COPY? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: v7.1 error ... SELECT converted to a COPY?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Okay, maybe this query isn't quite as simple as I think it is, but does
> this raise any flags for anyone?  How did I get into a COPY?  It appears
> re-creatable, as I've done it twice so far ...

> eceb=# select e.idnumber,e.password from egi e, auth_info a where e.idnumber != a.idnumber;
> Backend sent D message without prior T
> Backend sent D message without prior T

At a guess, you're running out of memory on the client side for the
SELECT results (did you really want a not-equal rather than equal
constraint there!?) --- libpq tends not to cope with this too
gracefully.  Someone oughta fix that...