Re: Running PostGre on DVD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Date
Réf. : Re: Running PostGre on DVD  (eric.leguillier@mpsa.com)
List pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> To be honest, the fact that Postgres forces you to run as a
>> non-admin user has given me nothing but headaches.  (yes, I
>> know, the problem is defaulting everyone to admin rights is
>> the problem.  But that's where I am).  I have been kicking
>> around the idea of posting a change to allow you to run as
>> admin,

> This has been proposed before, and always rejected. While you're always
> welcome to provide a patch, I'm very doubtful it would be accepted into
> the main product.

The example given in this thread certainly isn't going to change
anybody's mind.  "Hi, I propose reducing everybody's security because
my local admins insist on an utterly brain-dead security policy."