Re: transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 18:26, Doug McNaught wrote:
> Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net> writes:

> > 2/ If I am updating/deleting/inserting into two tables, and both tables have triggers on them to
> > check the relationship of the data between the tables, any way of knowing which trigger will fire
> > first at the  end of the transaction?
>
> I'm not sure about this one--do the docs say anything?

In 7.3, I believe triggers fire in alphabetical order.  There was no
predictable order in earlier versions.

     "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
      profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
      for instruction in righteousness; That the man of God
      may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good
      works."         II Timothy 3:16,17