Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use asynchronous connect API in libpqwalreceiver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use asynchronous connect API in libpqwalreceiver
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I have confirmed on jacana Petr's observation that adding a timeout to
> the WaitLatchOrSocket cures the problem.

Does anyone have a theory as to why that cures the problem?

What length of timeout is being suggested here?  Would a long timeout
perhaps create a performance issue?  That is, I'm wondering if the
wait actually sleeps to the end of the timeout in the problem case(s).