Re: ANY subquery and PreparedStatements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: ANY subquery and PreparedStatements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi Felipe,

What we are doing in our code is to prepare a statement with a lot of
parameter placeholders, something like:

select * from <table> where <field> in (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?);

and then set some of the parameters with the available values, and set
the rest to nulls. The nulls should be disregarded by the backend
anyway... this works well with Oracle, I'm not sure how efficient is
with Postgres.
The only reason to use this is to have a prepared statement instead of
building dynamic queries all the time. You only must make sure the nr.
of ? signs is at least as much as many parameters you can have at
maximum.

HTH,
Csaba.