Re: location of the configuration files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: location of the configuration files
Date
Re: location of the configuration files
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 12:13, mlw wrote:

> My patch only works on the PostgreSQL server code. No changes have been
> made to the initialization scripts.
>
> The patch declares three extra configuration file parameters:
> hbafile= '/etc/postgres/pg_hba.conf'
> identfile='/etc/postgres/pg_ident.conf'
> datadir='/RAID0/postgres'

If we're going to do this, I think we need to account for all of the
files in the directory including PG_VERSION, postmaster.opts,
postmaster.pid. In the end if we can't build so that we are either fully
FHS compliant and/or LSB compliant, we've not done enough work on it.

Robert Treat