Re: postgresql 7.3 versus 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: postgresql 7.3 versus 7.2
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 16:02, Ulf Rehmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any way to adjust dumps from postgresql 7.3 for use by
> version 7.2 and vice versa ?
>
> Or is there a way to transport a full database via csv or in any other
> kind to 7.2 and vice versa ?
>
> We are running a couple of servers/mirrors at various locations in the
> world, handling data based on postgresql, and now we have trouble to
> transport data from and to sites with different versions.

Create a schema only dump with the 7.2 pg_dump.
Create a data only dump (possibly with INSERT output) with the 7.3
pg_dump. Assuming you haven't done anything too wacky, you should be
able to drop your 7.2 database, reload the 7.2 schema, then load up the
7.3 data. As always, test this out before doing it on a production
system.

Robert Treat