ConnInfo assumes signed char - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Oliver Elphick
Subject ConnInfo assumes signed char
Date
List pgsql-odbc
ConnInfo, defined in connection.h, assumes that char = signed char.

This is not true of Linux on arm, powerpc and s390, and possibly other
platforms.  As a result:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O2 -c dlg_specific.c -MT dlg_specific.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/dlg_specific.TPlo  -fPIC
-DPIC-o dlg_specific.lo
dlg_specific.c: In function `getDSNdefaults':
dlg_specific.c:398: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:400: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:402: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:404: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:406: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c: In function `getDSNinfo':
dlg_specific.c:484: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:491: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:498: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:505: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
dlg_specific.c:512: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type

The problem still exists in current CVS.

Where char may contain a negative value, it should explicitly be
declared as signed char.

     "But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth
      keep silence before him."           Habakkuk 2:20