Re: Displaying/Pulling Images using JDBC ... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Displaying/Pulling Images using JDBC ...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>     Now, my thought on this is that it *sounds* like the JDBC is
> hitting some sort of control character is the stream that tells it to stop
> sending the image ... is this possible?  Some binary character that needs
> to somehow be trapped?

Embedded nulls would be the likely cause of trouble.

If you're seeing OIDs in the database then the actual storage is
presumably in large objects.  lo_read and friends are null-safe as far
as I know; probably the problem is somewhere inside the JDBC driver.

            regards, tom lane