Re: minor doc / usage fixes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: minor doc / usage fixes
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 16:10, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Why do you add periods to the end of phrases that are not sentences?

Because my understanding is that the phrase "Connect as the given user"
is an imperative sentence. I won't pretend to be an expert in grammar
though.

If you'd like to argue that including a period is incorrect, that's fair
enough -- but please make that kind of policy consistent: other
sentences of the same form in that document include a period ("Include
large objects in dump.", "Dump data for table only.", etc.)

Cheers,

Neil