7.3.1 - python pgdb getdesc bug - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Adam DePrince, CSA
Subject 7.3.1 - python pgdb getdesc bug
List pgsql-patches
pgdb.getdesc tries select the typprtlen field from pg_types, but fails
because it isn't in 7.3.1.  It is my understanding that this field would
contain -1 if there was no set limit on the length of the returned
string representing the data type.  Instead if "guessing" and risking
that future changes would be out of sync, I removed the typprtlen field
from the query, modified the indices within the result set and replaced
any reference to the old typprtlen rs position with -1 so that getdesc
returns the same tuple format.

This patch is intended to be patched against the untarred postgresql
7.3.1 tarball ala cd postgresql-7.3.1;patch -p1 <
pgsql-7.3.1-pydb-getdesc.patch

- Adam

--
Adam DePrince