Re: postgresql with SuSE 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Art Fore
Subject Re: postgresql with SuSE 8.0
Date
List pgsql-novice
Tried this and editing the pg_hba.conf file, but postgresql will not
start again after rebooting. I have spent two days on this but have to
give up for now as I have some other things to do. Maybe a few days
break will help.

I don't understand why it has to be so difficult to setup a postgresql
database. I thought Oracle was bad, but postgresql is worse. (Oracle is
also pretty bad in install and setup in Windows in addition to being
more bloatware than SQLServer.) A few years ago, I installed setup a MS
SQLServer7 and transfered data from Access into it in an hour. I am no
database expert, but have worked with various databases. The
documentation leaves a lot to be desired. There needs to be a basic
setup and install procedure that non-database experts can understand and
follow without researching everything.

Art