Re: "dumpProcLangs(): handler procedure for language - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Brian Fujito
Subject Re: "dumpProcLangs(): handler procedure for language
Date
Re: "dumpProcLangs(): handler procedure for language  (Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg>)
List pgsql-admin
Thanks for your input--

I've tried both ways:

createlang/droplang from the command line as user postgres

and:

CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler () RETURNS OPAQUE AS
        '/usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so' LANGUAGE 'C';

CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'
        HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler
          LANCOMPILER 'PL/pgSQL';

I'm using pg_dump (not pg_dumpall) on the specific database on which
I created the language.

I realize 7.0.3 is ancient (same with 7.1)... I just don't have the
time to deal with an upgrade quite yet.  Soon enough :)  In the mean
time, a stop-gap solution would definitely be appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian