Re: tcpip connections.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: tcpip connections..
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 13:09, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:
> Do I need to change anything else besides tcpip_socket to true for
remote connections?  Is there anyway to check that this is actually
working?  I'm having trouble connecting remotely..  btw thank you all
for your help.. using postgresql has made my life easier than you would
have ever believed!!

You should also check the authorisation in pg_hba.conf, to ensure that
users are allowed to connect from the remote sites.

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "A new commandment I give unto you; That ye love one
      another. As I have loved you, so ye also must love one
      another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my
      disciples, if ye have love one to another."
                         John 13:34,35