Re: default values - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Felipe Schnack
Subject Re: default values
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
  Maybe setting null will put the default value in a not null field?
Anyway, in a nullable field null must be inserted.
  I would want to have a setDefault() method for a simple reason
actually... laziness :-)
  The real reason is that in the application i'm working on, we don't
put SQL queries inside java code, it's stored separated, in a XML file.
So if quite boring to type lots of sqls when all you wanted is to omit
the field from the query (we can't build queries using java code).
Anyway, I wasn't so worried about have to type all these commands, but I
heard pgsql have this feature, so would be nice if the driver supports
it.
  What do you think about it? I hear this is a 7.3 new feature.

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
felipes@ritterdosreis.br
Cel.: (51)91287530