Re: 1600 Column limit.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Hirt
Subject Re: 1600 Column limit..
Date
List pgsql-general
not really knowing the specifics, it seems you would want to describe
the table this way instead:

table #1
slot_number,shelf_id,port_number,item_type_id

table #2
shelf_id
shelf_name

table #3
item_type_id
item_data

I mean, what happens if some new shelf comes out with 25 slots and a
slot with 30 ports, or a new item per slot is added.   You'll be forced
to redesign your schema.

just my $0.02

Brian Hirt <bhirt@mobygames.com>