Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-www] Finishing the Portal] - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-www] Finishing the Portal]
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 10:42, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Turning the portal into a gborg project is overkill.  As Dave pointed
> > > out there's not much left to be done, just finish it and get it over
> > > with.  It's taken long enough already, turning it into some huge project
> > > will only stretch it out even longer.
> >
> > As a *huge* project, you're right, it would.  It's really just a few
> > files.
> >
> > However, if they feel it's worth doing as GBorg project, then my feeling
> > is "what the heck, ok".
>
> This isn't something that someone will be running on their local pc.
> This is part of the website.  As small as this portal project is
> *supposed* to be and as private as it was intended to be, justify
> why it should be turned into a public project beyond "what the heck".
>
> Vince.

I only suggested it because if we're going to have multiple developers
doing support, we need some type of collaborative structure in place. If
we can get the thing done in a few days by skipping the collaborative
structure then by all means lets skip it and *get it done*. After that
we can flame war ourselves on whether it should be open source, have
multiple developers, use sourceforge, or whatever.  Dave, in your
opinion, whats the best way to tackle getting it done?

Robert Treat