Re: Anybody here? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
Subject Re: Anybody here?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
[thanks josh]

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 19:10, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Shane,
>
> > > I'm considering self-publishing a PostgreSQL magazine. Well, a
> > > "zine", really, or a technical journal, to promote the adoption of
> > > PostgreSQL by corporations.
>
> You might want to check out Nolo Press' book, "Starting and Running a
> Successful Newsletter or Magazine."
>
> The real question is, how many people would pay for a PostgreSQL
> magazine, and how many people could you get to write articles for it?
>  The two questions are related, since offering more money is a good way
> to get more articles, but you have to sell the magazine first ...

If you're thinking about a magazine in print, I'd guess one could try to
arrange to get it distributed along with an already established magazine
(especially if it's only just a few pages in the beginning).

But then, I don't know anything about publishing, so you'll want to
ignore me :-)

cheers
-- vbi

--