Re: Use of reference table ('look-up-table') and FK constraint - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Charles Hauser
Subject Re: Use of reference table ('look-up-table') and FK constraint
Date
List pgsql-sql
Josh & Stephan,

This helps a lot - thanks!

Any idea what datatype 'Identifier_type IDENTITY' specifies?  I don't
see this in the postgres documentation.  I'll see what I can find in
sybase lingo.

CREATE TABLE phone (        phone_id             Identifier_type IDENTITY,        phone_number         varchar(20) NOT
NULL,       community_id         numeric(12) NOT NULL,        type                 varchar(10) NULL REFERENCES

phone_types(type) ON
DELETE SET NULL );

regards,

Charles