Re: Postgresql and multithreading - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Re: Postgresql and multithreading
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 01:27, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> Well, slow adoption rate is attributed to 'apache 1.3.x is good enough for us'
> syndrome, as far as I can see from news. Once linux distros start shipping with
> apache 2.x series *only*, the upgrade cycle will start rolling, I guess.

I think that's part of it.  I think the other part is that by the time
you're getting to huge r/s numbers, typical web site bandwidth is
already used up.  So, what's the point in adding more breathing room
when you don't have the bandwidth to use it anyways.

Greg