Re: LC_COLLATE problem between linux distros - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Longman
Subject Re: LC_COLLATE problem between linux distros
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 02:04, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> We have a similar setup here where only the directories shown appear. But
> en_US seems to work fine here. have you tried: dpkg-reconfigure locales

ah-ha!  no i hadn't tried that yet.  still wrapping my brain around
these things.  during setup, i had simply left it to 'C' (whatever that
is) and skipped along.  forcibly choosing en_US allowed pgsql to start
up fine.   interestingly, there still isn't an en_US directory in the
/usr/share/locales, so i don't know what magic its using to track en_US
down, but so long as it works i guess.

thanks very much.

--

    CraigL->Thx();