Re: patch for BETWEEN [ASYMMETRIC|SYMMETRIC] - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: patch for BETWEEN [ASYMMETRIC|SYMMETRIC]
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I *assume* that this will have trouble making it in to 7.1, and since
> keywords are likely added this may have trouble with 7.1.x (not sure
> about that; perhaps the lex-generated token values never make it into
> the database tables, but they *do* propagate into structures used deeper
> in the backend).

Since he didn't add a new parsetree node type, there wouldn't be any
database compatibility issue AFAIK.  I'm pretty certain that keyword
token values never get into stored rules.

However, there is our self-imposed "no new features during beta" rule.
This looks like a relatively harmless patch, but do we want to break
that rule for something that people are not beating down our doors for?

I'd vote for holding it for 7.2, I think.

            regards, tom lane