Re: problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > Why rollback.This is error (typing error).Nothing happen.
> > > I think that we need clear set : what is start transaction ?
> > > I think that transaction start with change data in database
> > > (what don't change data this start not transaction.
> >
> > Another interesting case for a select is, what about
> > select func(x) from table;
> > Does func() have any side effects that might change data?
> > At what point do we decide that the statement needs a
> > transaction?
> Function in select list mustn't change any data.
> What if function change data in from clause ?

Why can't the function change data?  I've done this one a number of
times through views to log the user pulling out information from the
system, and what it was at the time (time sensitive data).

--  Rod Taylor