Restore file too large for pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ericson Smith
Subject Restore file too large for pg_restore
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to restore a backup that is 2.4Gigs "backup.tar" that was
backed up with the

However, pg_restore says that the file is too large, and quits without
doing anything.

By untarring the file and editing the restore.sql file, we were able to
restore the database.

Is there any way to get around this problem in future versions of
pg_restore?

As background... we are running RH7.3 with latest updated kernels, SCSI
Raid drives (135GB) and 6GB Ram with Dual Processors.

- Ericson Smith
eric@did-it.com