Re: What is 'Postgres'? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Gribble
Subject Re: What is 'Postgres'?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 09:05, Markus Wagner wrote:
> I never heared about something called 'Postgres', but maybe
> this could be a name for the actual PostgreSQL used in the past.

Honestly, I don't know any single person other than the PostgreSQL
developers who actually know or care that the name is "PostgreSQL".
Everyone I know just calls it Postgres and puts "PostgreSQL" in the same
category as "LiGNUx", that of "way too clever names that you should
forget immmediately".

But of course I've seen these threads develop before and I know that
some PostgreSQL developers will be mortally offended by my remarks.
Sorry.  It's just a bad name for a great piece of software.

b.g.