Re: Date not being parsed as expected - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Date not being parsed as expected
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 09:33, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> Uh? I thought DateStyle could only be ISO, US, or European? Are you
> asking me to set it to ISO AND European?

DateStyle ISO/European means output in ISO and accept input in European
format.

    bray=# set DateStyle= ISO,European;
    SET VARIABLE
    bray=# select '9/10/02'::date;
        date
    ------------
     2002-10-09
    (1 row)

    bray=# set DateStyle= ISO,US;
    SET VARIABLE
    bray=# select '9/10/02'::date;
        date
     2002-09-10
    (1 row)

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man
      hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to
      him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
                                   Revelation 3:20