Re: Connections/Statements/ResultSets (Was: Re: Pooling - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Connections/Statements/ResultSets (Was: Re: Pooling
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
The spec probably doesn't say anything but; with the way pg's driver is
currently written you can have as many resultsets/statements open as you
want. This is because the driver will read them all in when you do an
executeXXX. There is a plan however to move to a cursor backed result
set which will change the above statement. This is because a cursor must
be executed within a transaction, and you can only have one transaction
open per resultset. I suppose it's possible to still open a non-cursor
based resultset while the transaction is open?

Dave