Re: [HACKERS] psql Week 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] psql Week 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> 2. What about including an snprintf() into the source tree similar what is
>    done with strdup()?

There is one in the backend/port/ directory, along with some other
important library routines that are missing on certain platforms.
Up to now we haven't worried about including these into anything but
the backend, but I see no reason not to include them into psql if
you need 'em.  (Probably would not be a good idea to put them into
libpq though, since that could cause conflicts with user apps that
supply their own versions.)  See backend/port/Makefile.in for the
tests that determine whether individual routines need to be included.