Re: functions and triggers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: functions and triggers
Date
List pgsql-sql
Quoting Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>:

> > The problemas are two:
> >
> > 1) when I try to create the trigger, it says that the function doesn't
> exist.
> > Why is this happening?
>
> You should probably show us what you were trying to do, but I'm going to
> guess that the function doesn't have the right signature.  On
> current versions, Trigger functions should return opaque and take no
> arguments (any arguments given on the create trigger line are passed
> in a different fashion).

I have this function which works OK.

CREATE FUNCTION ahora (integer) RETURNS integer AS '
UPDATE usuarios SET tmodif = now()
WHERE codigo = $1;
SELECT 1 as RESULT;
' LANGUAGE SQL

> > 2) How does the trigger tell the function the row number identifier?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Getting at the row being worked on
> depends somewhat on what language you're using.

I thought about a simple SQL that does the update.
You mean I just call the function from the trigger and thats all?

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?