Re: how to manage users of web-app - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From David Garnier
Subject Re: how to manage users of web-app
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
You should use container-managed security, which is defined in the
Servlet specification, to deal with users' access rights. The nice
things is that most containers (including our beloved Tomcat) can be
told to load users' profiles from any kind of database, (including our
beloved PostgreSQL), which is officially Pretty Cool TM.

Here is a snippet of my server.xml :

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/db_name"
          connectionName="user"
          connectionPassword="password"
          digest="MD5"
          userTable="awas_user" userNameCol="email"
userCredCol="password"
          userRoleTable="awas_user_role" roleNameCol="user_role" />

However, this isn't strictly related to Postgresql, so you should try to
learn how does your container perform this kind of things.

Best Regards
David Garnier