Killing postgres processes. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Adam Bultman
Subject Killing postgres processes.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings.  I've got a postgres server that's being hit rather heavily.
I have many processes inititated by users (they start scripts running).
Because of user impatience and idiocy, despite my explanations, they
continue to re-run the script and not wait for the script to end the
first time (i.e. 'why isn't it finishing? <click click click>'). So, I
have about 9 postgres SELECTS going on right now that are pretty much
runaway and useless.  Can I safely kill these without fubaring things?
I know killing the postmaster is Evil, but how about other processes?
i'm going to get a call in a few moments now in complaint, and I'd like
to be able to curb this right away.

Adam

--

Adam Bultman