Re: Drop or disable or bypass "_return" rule on select on a view. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Drop or disable or bypass "_return" rule on select on a view.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Shashwat Arghode <shashwatarghode@gmail.com> writes:
> I am using postgres 9.3.4 and have an on_select rule "_return" on a view.
> I want to drop or disable or bypass that rule.
> Is there any way it can be done without dropping the view??

No.  I don't exactly see the point, either --- what do you imagine a view
without an ON SELECT rule would be good for?

Perhaps what you want is to replace the view with CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW,
which is basically equivalent to updating its ON SELECT rule.  But simply
dropping the rule without immediately replacing it would leave the view
nonfunctional.

            regards, tom lane