Re: Incompatibility Postgres 7.1 - Postgres 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Dan Wilson
Subject Re: Incompatibility Postgres 7.1 - Postgres 7.3
Date
List pgsql-php
Postgres has two different timestamp types now.  There is "timestamp with
timezone" and "timestamp without timezone".  Internally the "with timezone" is
stored as timestamptz. And by default, a timestamp will have a timezone. You
can think of timestamptz as the same as timestamp.

So there is really not a problem here unless you wanted a "timestamp without
timezone".  If this is the case, currently phpPgAdmin doesn't provide for the
creation of timestamp without timezone through the table create
functionality.  You will have to do it manually through the "Run SQL" box in
the DB Details page.

-Dan