Re: anoncvs and diff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: anoncvs and diff
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> I had a brain wave and did the cvs log command which was what lead me to try
> specifying revisions. As I say it looks like a lack of knowledge about how cvs
> works for these things. I always thought it worked like RCS and gave a diff
> against the latest checked in but obviously not.

I think "cvs diff foo.c" without any switches gives you the diff between
your local copy of foo.c and the last version of foo.c *that you checked
out* --- ie, it shows you the uncommitted editing that you've done.

If you hadn't done "cvs update" since rev 1.61 then this would explain
the behavior you saw.