Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 05:33, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> > So, how does one determine the current schema for temporary tables,
> > i.e. what name would be in search_path if it wasn't implicitly included?
>
> The temp schema is pg_temp_nnn where nnn is your BackendId (PROC array
> slot number).  AFAIK there isn't any exported way to determine your
> BackendId from an SQL query.

The non-portable way on Linux RH 7.2 :

>create function getpid() returns int as '/lib/libc.so.6','getpid' language 'C';
CREATE
>select getpid()getpid1
---------  31743
(1 row)

I think that useful libc stuff things like this should be put in some
special schema, initially available to superusers only.

perhaps LIBC.GETPID()

Hannu